Sunday, December 6, 2009

SEC Weekend...Snow and More






This weekend was jam packed for the Finey's! First, on Friday to kick start the weekend, I was privileged enough to spend my night co-sponsoring/chaperoning our middle school Homecoming dance! Yay! Can I just say....7th and 8th graders are up to way more than we were at that age...WOW. It makes me really scared for what it will be like when my baby gets older! So, Friday night was pretty much shot!

Saturday however, was much better! We woke up to SNOW! Yes, our first SNOW in Alabama for this year! :) We were so excited and couldn't wait to take Albrey outside to play in the snow. I knew that it wouldn't last long so we got her all bundled up to get ready to play and take some pics! Well, as soon as we got outside, for some reason Albrey's boots were NOT cooperating and she couldn't walk in them. So, we did manage a couple of pics of her just standing in the snow and attempting to walk.....




Sadly, right after this shot Albrey fell face first into the snow. Not just a drop to the knee and fall over kind of fall, but a face first plunge and ate it kind of fall! She just froze and we kind of waited to see if she would get up, but after she didn't move I went to pick her up and she threw a fit! After crying for a bit, she pointed right at the snow and said, "NO, NO MA'AM SNOW!!" She had enough! We tried for a few more pics, but she would only let us hold her in them and I will not share them because I was looking a bit rough after just waking up! :) Needless to say, Albrey was SO OVER the snow so we went inside to get ready for some Christmas shopping!!!

I couldn't believe Zach was actually willing to brave the NEACA craft show with me, but he did! {He and Albrey did find a naptime spot though while I braved the crowds alone}. Afterwards, we did some Toys R Us shopping for the princess! She is really going to rack up this year! We knew that this year would be exciting because she would actually understand a little of what is going on and would enjoy her new things, so yes we did go a little overboard! I'll share pics after Christmas, I wouldn't want anyone to tell Albrey what we got her! ;) And yes people I said what WE got her! We don't do Santa...we have our own personal reasons. If you want to know ask, but I won't share them on here because I don't want to be attacked {as we already have been by some} for what we believe and I don't want to offend the vast majority that do Santa! We just have our own personal reasons, just like others who do the whole Santa thing!

So anywho, the next part of the day was the SEC Championship game and we all know what happened but I'm still so excited to scream....WE ARE the SEC Champs and are headed to Cali!!!! I'm so proud to be an Alabama fan, always have been always will be! Other people who want to say RTR, but aren't true BAMA fans make me want to SCREAM! If you haven't said RT your whole life, you don't deserve to say it now just due to our current status!

Now onto Sunday....Albrey had a rough night with some stomach issues and woke up feeling better, but we didn't want to risk it and expose others if she did have something, so we stayed home from church. Especially since we had Nursery this morning! I'm glad we did stay home because she started feeling bad again this time with stuffy nose/congestion/coughing stuff...but no fever! I think she just may be having overall congestion/crud issues so I'm hoping it's nothing major and I really don't feel that it is! Especially after her dessert tonight.....


Yes, that's right she shared some hot fudge brownie w/ice cream with her Mommy and Daddy! So far so good! Sweets always cure everything! Her chocolate face was so cute....

I hated to have to miss church today, but I really did enjoy my lazy Sunday of just laying around the house with the fam! I NEVER get to do that so it was really nice! And can I just say {again} that I LOVE being Albrey's mom! It's the best thing ever! I wish I could just freeze this moment in time with her...15 months is a great age! I love everything about that girl! Hope you and yours had a great weekend as we did.....off to bible study! {at home}

No comments:

Post a Comment